St. John’s College Alumni Foundation
For St. John’s College future infrastructure development.
To promote charitable activities;
To promote education, teaching and learning.
To assist St. John’s College future development
Composition: President of SJCAA, 4 members nominated by SJCAA, 2 members nominated by St. John’s College, 2 non voting members nominated by SJC SA;
Meet every quarter; terms of office 2 years;
To approve funding, initiate new projects and subcommittee.
Sources of funds
Fund raising activities by SJCAA
Surplus of designated events/functions of SJCAA
Donations from Alumni and other organizations
First initiative – budget to be approved by Committee
– Eco St. John’s
– To make St. John’s College and the residents more environmental friendly, so that when they graduate, they will have a ripple effect in the society;
– Benchmark of existing situation, workshops with students and staff;
– Installation of recycle bins, solar cells, recycle of used water, plastic bottle collecting machines…etc. (kick-off by Foundation, future maintenance by College);
– Alumni and experts involvement e.g. Friends of the Earth HK
– Support needy students
– Support overseas study trips
– Support young alumni entrepreneurship